Product Manager: Digital Self-Service
The Product Manager is accountable to build and lead projects and provide business domain expertise and analysis for projects as they relate to the Digital Self-Service Products. This could include but not limited to Digital Assistance and Digital Claims tools. The incumbent will be required to drive the project timelines and ensure that deliverables are met in a timely fashion as well as report on progress weekly. Further, the role requires an in-depth knowledge of the healthcare and Travel Insurance markets, with a good understanding of project management principles as well as our operational processes and technology.
This role will revolve around monitoring the development of self-service products and deliverables that are part of our digital experience roadmap.
What does your typical day look like?
- Define product roadmaps that are aligned with business goals and needs;
- Plan and implement client strategy sessions;
- Advocate for customer-centric solutions;
- Support Marketing efforts to sell solutions both internally and externally;
- Engage in market research for new processes and solutions;
- Strategically prioritize the release of product features through management of the product roadmap via projects/sprints;
- Track project/sprint progress and ensure timeline and budget are well managed, reporting weekly on progress and results;
- Manage deliverables and ensure risks are identified and mitigated;
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements needed to create and manage product roadmaps;
- Document user cases, user stories, and requirements for engineering teams to develop specifications;
- Define product visions/feature sets and prioritize release timing and content;
- Provide deep industry understanding and expertise to support development teams;
- Ensure QA efforts cover product features;
- Define the testing plan and monitor testing outcome to determine whether requirements have been met;
- Assist in managing resistance to change;
- Support the program change manager in development of change communication to those impacted by Digital Transformation changes.
What skills and experience are you looking for?
- University Degree or equivalent experience;
- Project Management Experience, Agile methodology preferred and/or scrum;
- Strong communication skills;
- Knowledge of change management principles;
- Solid understanding of the travel insurance, claims and healthcare concepts;
- Knowledge of GEM systems and organizational structure
- Technically competent with an ability to explain complex technical issues in a simple way;
- Very strong analytical skills with a customer first mindset;
- Knowledge of MS Office, MS Teams, MS planner, Visio;
- 10 - 15 years’ experience in Product Management, Project Management, IT implementation or related roles;
- Knowledge of process development and analysis;
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or related service industry experience;
- Proven application of structured approaches to analysis and synthesis of information;
- Very Good verbal and written communication skills (English, Spanish and French an asset)
When you apply:
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.
Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.