As a Sales Broker you'll be accepting in bound calls from prospective customers looking to purchase travel insurance. This includes: Identifying their needs, providing guidance, insuring proper protection and closing the sale while maintaining an effortless customer experience.
What does your typical day look like
- Pursue opportunities to meet or exceed new business sales goals, and retain existing clients;
- Engage in one-on-one coaching sessions with front line staff providing constructive feedback;
- Provide claim counseling and assistance to the client within company guidelines;
- Document all client requests and conversations are in the appropriate system;
- Assess client needs in in the review, modification and adding of coverage to policies while providing protection guidance and advice to the client as required;
- Demonstrate and maintain a working knowledge of all applicable portals, customer relationship management systems, and policy management systems;
- Maintain quality standards and exhibit accountability in handling client contact opportunities;
- Maintain and apply a complete understanding of the insurers’ underwriting guidelines.
- Handle customer’s personal information in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Provide assistance to other departments within the Global Assistance and Travel Insurance division.
Skills and Requirements
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Post-secondary education is an asset;
- Bilingual in French and English (asset)
- Experience working in a sales focused environment is preferred (Insurance experience is not required)
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency of Microsoft office suite;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to handle fluctuating work volumes in a fast paced, customer focused environment;
- Show empathy, understanding, patience and attention to detail, while being professional and resourceful;
- Availability to work various shifts and days of the week as required.
New hires will receive Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) specific training. This training course is designed to prepare employees for the RIBO licensing exam. Further training will continue after the exam.